Category: Get Clean
|April 22, 2013||Filled under Get Clean, Saving Money, Shaklee|
In honor of Earth Day today, I want to ask…..Have you EVER considered “Going Green?” My family made the commitment years ago, to use safe, non-toxic products in our home. We have seen my headaches & allergies disappear! I can rest easy as a mom knowing I am providing the best possible environment for my family!
And, did you know that by JUST switching brands, you could save TONS of money AND help the planet all at the same time!??! You would spend $3400 for ready to use cleaners to get the same amount of clean found in the Get Clean Starter Kit! And when you purchase this kit, you also make a positive impact on the planet: Keeping 108 pounds of packaging waste from landfills and eliminating 248 pounds of greenhouse gas!! Now THAT is making a difference! If you would like more information on how you can protect your families health, help the planet, AND save money, just let me know! I’m so passionate about these products and can’t help but share them with everyone I know!
Or, sign up for a free sample on the form on the right sidebar.
|April 23, 2012||Filled under Get Clean, Saving Money, Shaklee|
P.S. Are you still reading this? Gee Whiz! Click on http://wellnessplans.net and order already!
|April 1, 2012||Filled under Get Clean, Saving Money, Shaklee|
In my 20 plus years as an Independent Shaklee distributor, I have never seen Shaklee do this! Best Membership Offer Ever!
If you are not already a member of this awesome buying club, then April is the month to join!
Offer extended until May 31, 2012!
Eight Reasons to Sign Up for a Shaklee Membership today!
- 15% discount on all your purchases (no minimums, no required ordering)
- Receive special promotions, offers, and discounts for even more savings
- Access to our Shaklee Member Center where you can find extensive health and wellness information reviewed by the expert Shaklee Health Sciences team
- Eligible for the “Member Referral program“ earning $25 product credits for each new member you refer.
- Unconditional money-back guarantee
- Support a company that for over 50 years has supported environmental stewardship and social causes. (Read more…)
- Become part of a movement to help make people and our planet healthier
- Partner with me as your coach on How to Blog and Make Money Sharing Your GREEN passion! (Optional)
Your membership is a continual membership and does not require a renewal fee. You are not required to make monthly orders or sell any products. Order as much or little as you like on your own schedule.
Here’s a screenshot of the page you will land on…
I circled in red where you need to click, “Add products to your shopping cart.” After you shop, you will see that you qualified for a FREE membership.
I suggest you order the Get Clean Starter Kit so you’ll have everything you need to start creating a healthier home for you family and the planet.
If you have any questions or concerns, please use the contact me tab and send me a request for help.
To your health,
|January 24, 2012||Filled under Get Clean|
I’ve been writing post after post about cleaning your home with safe, natural and green cleaning products — to the point where it might be difficult for a new reader to find a good place to start.
The following list of links are my suggestions for getting started cleaning greener.
- How to Shine Your Sink - Keeping a shiny sink is the foundation to a clean home. How do you shine that sink without toxic cleaners? Can it really get clean using natural cleaners? Read this post and find out how I do this and you can too! Plus, you can join us in the 10 week kitchen cleaning challenge!
- How to Clean Your Oven without Toxic Chemicals – Oven Cleaners are known to be one of the most toxic and dangerous chemicals we use to clean our house. It’s time to try some alternatives. Read this post for tips on how to use natural product that work! Yes, you’ll need to use a little elbow grease, but wouldn’t you rather do that than be exposed to chemicals that may cause lung damage?
- How to Clean Dishes in Without Phosphates – For years and years it was acceptable to use products with phosphates, but those days have changed. They are no longer allowed in our automatic dish washing detergent. Have you noticed your dishes aren’t as clean? Here’s a safe and green product that works!
- How to Make Window Cleaner for Less Than a Penny a Bottle – Most window cleaners whether store bought or home made use ammonia which releases toxic fumes and is considered dangerous to have in the home for you and your children. Try this alternative and save lots of money too! This formula costs less than making window cleaner from vinegar and it works better too!
- How to Clean Your Stove Top without Toxic Cleaners– I have a glass stove top and it is recommended that I use a special and expensive cleaner unique to glass stove tops. I say hogwash! Find out how I clean my stove top with natural cleaners.
Please leave a comment and let me know if you find this list helpful. Also, please let me know what other household cleaning challenges you are having and I’ll find a natural and green solution for you!
Don’t leave without signing up for our mailing list!
|December 18, 2011||Filled under Get Clean|
Today we received a whole box of oranges for Christmas! They are so delicious that I’ve already eaten enough to gather a bunch of orange peels. Instead of throwing them in the trash, I thought I research some ways to use them in a natural way!
Here are some things I decided to try:
1. Using the Orange Peel as a Hand Moisturizer
I simply rubbed the orange peel all over my hands using both the front of the peel and the back of the peel. Then, I rinsed my hands with warm water. My hands smelled wonderful and were a little bit softer. Thank you to Home Cooking Diva for this idea.
By the way, this is hard to photograph with one hand and a cell phone.
2. Deodorize the Garbage Disposal
Now this is really simple! Just put a few peels in the garbage disposal and let it run. This will clean the blades and leave the disposal smelling clean and fresh. The best part of it all is that you don’t have to use a toxic chemical to clean your disposal. You can even rub the peel in your sink to freshen it up too. I will do this often! 5 Oranges Potatoes warns not to use too many because she broke a disposal this way. I also found this next idea on her blog:
3. Make a Natural Air Freshener
Put some orange peels in a pot of water along with a cinnamon stick and some cloves. Simmer…. Smells like Christmas. Several bloggers claim this helps rid the air of airborne flu and gold germs. It’s worth a try and you’ve got nothing to lose. It’s far better than spraying Lysol or other toxic chemicals in the air.
That’s all I accomplished in one day with my orange peels, but I found this really cute video of a mom and her three little girls making a non-toxic cleaner with orange peels. (I’ll stick with my Shaklee Basic H2 since it is non-toxic and so much easier!)
Another day, I’d like to try to make candied orange peels. I’m sneaking a peek at some ideas by pastry chef, Hsing Chen, on this blog.
Have you tried using your Orange Peels in a different way? Leave a comment and share your experiences. (I’ve got lots more oranges to eat!)